2019 Yamaha VF175 VMAX SHO - 25 in. Shaft
Need to power something with a 20-inch transom and need more than 150 horsepower? Do you need very high performance and light weight along with all the benefits of four-stroke power, including clean, quiet operation and great fuel efficiency? The Yamaha V MAX SHO 175 is the solution with all the benefits you need!
Powerful & Fast: Great overall performance and class-leading top speed come courtesy of Yamaha's Variable Camshaft Timing System (VCTTM), which helps the 2.8-litre in-line four develop lots of power in the midrange where it counts.
Optimum Performance: A multitude of advanced sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which instantly makes the precise adjustments for optimum performance.
- Smooth & Efficient: The VF175 is super smooth and powerful, thanks to advanced double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder and counterbalance shafts. It's also extremely fuel efficient, delivering 30-to-40 per cent better fuel efficiency than a carbureted two stroke.
- Additional Space: Efficient use of space is another benefit. The V MAX SHO 175 does not require carrying two-stroke oil. There's no need for an oil tank, which means more room for batteries, tackle or storage in the boat.
- Easy Rigging: Thanks to mechanical control, the outboard offers easy rigging. You can equip it with your choice of analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
- Reliability: With proven, Yamaha four-stroke, marine-specific architecture, the V MAX SHO 175 will provide years of reliability.
- Sleek Design: Like its siblings - the V MAX SHO 115, V MAX SHO 150, V MAX SHO 200, V MAX SHO 225 and V MAX SHO 250 - the V MAX SHO 175 has powerful good looks with a paint scheme that looks like nothing else on the water.
- Easier Fishing: The V MAX SHO 175 is compatible with Yamaha's variable trolling RPM switch (VTS), which allows anglers to adjust the trolling speed in 50 RPM increments from 650 to 900 RPM using a Yamaha Command Link® gauge.
- Engine Type: In-Line Four-Cylinder
- Displacement: 2785cc (170 ci)
- RPM Range: 5,000-6,000
- Bore & Stroke: 96 x 96.2mm (3.78 x 3.79 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Induction System: EFI (DOHC) with variable camshaft timing (VCT)
- Alternator Output: 50 Amps
- Fuel Delivery: Multi-point electronic fuel injection
- Starting: Electric w/PTT
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Degree of Trim/Tilt: -4 deg. through +16 deg.
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Gear Shift: F/N/R
- Gear Ratio: 26/14 (1.86:1)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 89)
- Recommended Oil: Yamalube 4-M
- Oil Capacity: 4.5L/4.3L w/without filter
- Shaft Length: 25" (X)
- Dry Weight: 218 kg (480 lb.)
- Engine Type
- In-Line Four-Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 96 x 96.2mm (3.78 x 3.79 in.)
- 2785cc (170 ci)
- Electric w/PTT
- Shaft Length
- 25 in.
- 218 kg (480 lb.)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 26/14 (1.86:1)
- Fuel Induction
- EFI (DOHC) with variable camshaft timing (VCT)
- 50 Amps
- Thermostatic Control