2019 Yamaha F425
Call for Price
An entirely new species of extreme predator is moving quietly offshore: the all-new Yamaha 5.6-litre V8 XTO Offshore. Designed from the ground up to be smarter, more powerful and more efficient, the XTO is much more than an outboard; it's a fully integrated power system. And it's created an entirely new class of extreme offshore power and features a FIVE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY, because reliability and confidence are important when you're taking control of the open water.
Industry-Exclusive Integrated Fully Electric Steering System: With no hydraulic lines or linkages, the integrated steering system responds more quickly than conventional systems to steering inputs. Additional benefits include reduced power consumption, clean rigging and a very orderly bilge area.
Industry-First Direct Injection: Spraying fuel at high pressure directly into the combustion chamber increases the effectiveness of the fuel burn for maximum power and efficiency.
IN-Water Gear Lube Change System: Boats powered by the V8 XTO Offshore need go no further than the dock for a lower unit service, thanks to a unique gearcase lubricant exchange system that allows maintenance in the water.
- Highest Compression Ratio In An Outboard: Get more "bang" from every spark with a 12.2:1 compression ratio: better efficiency, more power and incredible throttle response.
- Great Charging Power: The V8 XTO Offshore provides up to 90 amps of total (gross) power. And since the electric steering only requires power while moving the engine, there is more power to spare while idling or trolling - when boaters need it most!
- Plasma-Fused Sleeveless Cylinders: This micro-textured surface is 60 percent harder than steel, yet significantly lighter and thinner, increasing displacement without increasing the size of the powerhead. Other benefits include reduced friction, faster heat transfer and improved fuel economy.
- Extreme XTO OS™ Propellers: Yamaha's new family of XTO OS Propellers are made to complement the torque potential of the Yamaha XTO, working as an integral part of a system to produce massive thrust in both forward and reverse. With new stainless steel material, they are also more resistant to corrosion and surface discolouration.
- Multi-Part Cowling System: The cowling and engine covers on the XTO are in multiple pieces for easier access to specific parts of the powerhead and midsection. These are integrated using captive fasteners and a special one-piece seal.
- In-Bank™ Exhaust: Yamaha's exclusive In-Bank exhaust improves flow with intake tracks entering the cylinder head from both sides of the powerhead, allowing space for exhaust gases to have a direct route to the lower unit and out the propeller hub.
- Thrust-Enhancing Exhaust Routing: Below 2500 rpm, engine exhaust is directed away from the propellers for "cleaner" water and added bite in both forward and reverse, maximizing command and control at lower speeds.
- Wider Tilt Range: At full extension, the XTO Offshore extends 5.4 inches higher out of the water than the F350. The new outboard has been engineered to allow the entire motor and lower unit to be raised completely out of the water for added convenience.
- Engine Type: 32-valve V8 Four Stroke
- Displacement: 5.6-litre (5559 cc) / 339.2 ci
- Bore & Stroke: 96 x 96 mm (3.78 x 3.78 in.)
- RPM Range: 5000-6000 (Full throttle) 600-1000 (Variable Trolling)
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Induction System: DOHC, 4 Valves per Cylinder
- Alternator Output: 90 Amps Gross, Max
- Fuel Delivery: Direct Injection
- Starting: Electric w/ PTT
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Exhaust: Through Propeller (Except in Reverse Under 2500 RPM)
- Cooling: Thermostatic Control, Water
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Gear Ratio: 1.79:1 (25/14)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 89)
- Recommended Oil: Yamalube Marine Lower Unit Gear Lube HD
- Oil Capacity: 7.8L (8.2 qt) - with filter 7.5L (7.9 qt) - without filter
- Engine Type
- 32-valve V8 Four Stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 96 x 96 mm (3.78 x 3.78 in.)
- 5.6 L (5559 cc) / 339.2 ci
- Electric w/ PTT
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 (Full throttle) 600-1000 (Variable Trolling) rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 1.79:1 (25/14)
- Fuel Induction
- DOHC, 4 Valves per Cylinder
- 90 Amps Gross, Max
- Thermostatic Control, Water